Just got back from visiting the boys; all 3 are doing well. Elliott was originally supposed to come off the ventilator today but the doctors decided to delay his extubation until tomorrow due to a few continued breathing spells. We finally got some bacterial growth on his tracheal aspirate culture and that seems to be the cause of all this. He also had to receive another blood transfusion today; hopefully this will be the last one. The plan is for him to start back on milk tomorrow and see how he tolerates everything. So we finally feel like maybe we are turning a small corner with this infection. We are all hoping that things just continue to improve and that we have good results from his cranial ultrasound that was performed today.
Rowan and Finn have both still been rocking along; they have been doing great in their open air cribs and have had no problem maintaining their temperature. They are still trying to feed from the bottle once per shift; they are usually able to take about 1/2 of their feed through the bottle and the rest goes through their NG tube. My favorite part of them being in their new beds is that they can be held as much we want. All of them have been doing great with their weight gain and I look for Rowan to break into the 4 lb. club in the next day or two. Enjoy the new pictures and thanks for all the prayers and thoughts.